July 09, 2012

Upcycling

My husband laughs every time I say I am upcycling, like isn't it just recycling, and I say no, it is upcycling, because I am making something better than it was.  Or so I like to believe.  You be the judge.
A frilly crocheted hem
detail of stitched-on leaves and beads
grey silk is touched up with silk leaves

Following the arched seam design, I needle-felted in a contrasting color

Keith had this awesome koi shirt that I would not let him give away.  New dress!

Swimming fish added on with basting

More of Keith's shirts became this dress.  Hee Haw!

Silk and velvet goodwill find becomes sundress

Another goodwill find updated for the 4th of July

For Keith, for giving up his other shirts.

A plain black dress gets a little bling.
Close up of antique buttons and sequins
New suit
Skirt detailing, done by needle felting
Jacket detail, again needle felting

No comments:

Post a Comment