May 01, 2010

Blight Stress

Armstrong Nursery had a tremendous sale this spring, and I stocked up on about $200 dollars worth of plants and supplies for $70.  Included in the bounty, I got 3 tomato plants which have grown 3 feet tall with tons of blooms.   Each day I tour the garden I felt a swelling in my chest, looking at these beautiful plants, and anticipating the tomatoes coming.  Now, my forehead knots with worry as I examine these plants.  They are covered with black spots.
Am I doomed?  Is this the blight of last summer that plagued the east coast?  Here is dry southern Cali, we are not supposed to have fungus problems, and yet, here they are.  Do I spray?  Do I rip them out?  Do I trim them down to the few unspotted leaves and hope they survive?
This is so discouraging.
When I decide what to do, I will post.  When I find out if my decision worked, I will post.

No comments:

Post a Comment