May 02, 2010

With every chance taken...

I know there are millions of bloggers out there.  And yet, to my not-so-logical mind, I thought I would be doing something a little courageous by documenting my gardening/farming exploits.  Sharing something personal in a overly public forum.  And by doing so, I was taking some kind of chance.
What sort of chance do you take when you blog?  The chance that someone will actually read your thoughts and enjoy or hate them?  It is like mingling at a party.  You hate the process but you take the chance because one interaction might spark a good conversation, or possibly a new connection.  But, really, does that ever happen.  Or do you wake up the next morning just wishing to leave the previous night in the distant past?
I started this blog, this chance, with hopes that I may be able to offer inspiration, and it occurs to me that, just like a night of mingling with strangers, there is an equal chance that I will not inspire a soul.
So I take this next step forward for purely selfish reasons, because I like to write.  And because I love my yard.  It will be like a scrapbook of my most ambitious growing season, and will hopefully be inspiration to my aching back to get off the couch and keep battling those aphids and weeds.

1 comment: